I continue to note releases to Elastic App Search. Elastic continues to release updated to its Self Managed App Search. Along with the update for ECE this is a very compelling tool for the basic search use case. With this update, is the ability to add Elastic App Search as part of your deployments.
Elastic App Search on ECE 2.4 allows you to bring that experience to any of your deployment templates and scale out as necessary with a simple slider experience.
The release notes of App Search 7.4.1 are:
- Fixed an issue for App Search docker image where
log_formatoptions were ignored.
- The JSON application logs are now compatible with ECS 1.1.0.
- The App Search dashboard is now a Single Page App. It should be better, faster… stronger ~ !
app-search.logis now compatible with the Elastic Common Schema and is now JSON formatted by default.
- To match the behaviour of App Search on other platforms, Docker containers now run under an unprivileged
app-searchuser instead of
rootand the default location for all logs in a container have been changed to
- Startup time has been improved.
- We now support Signed Search Keys.
- You can set custom HTTP headers on each request via
- You can configure the number of worker threads you’d like to use.